An 11-year-old MA girl suffered second- and third-degree burns this month after being exposed to an ingredient in a popular do-it-yourself science project for children.
Siobhan Quinn, Kathleen's mother, said that her daughter was crying in pain.
"Horrible, her hands were covered in blisters", Siobhan Quinn said.
She said she's now paranoid about allowing her younger daughter to make any more non-Newtonian fluids.
"In some ways, I'm not really surprised because, prolonged contact with any kind of chemical can lead to either chemical burns or an allergic reaction", said Dr. Max Gomez. Thankfully, though, she is expected to make a full recovery.
Specifications of Samsung S8 and S8 Plus leaked on AnTuTu
We don't yet know what the Samsung Galaxy S8 will cost, but rumors put it slightly higher than the Samsung Galaxy S7. The Galaxy S8 will be powered by a 3000mAh battery; on the other hand, S8 Plus will be fuelled by a 3500mAh battery.
However, shortly afterwards she noticed her hands were in pain. Doctors say it's important to read the ingredients in any mixtures used to make slime. Last month, mom blogger Carolyn West shared her daughter's experience at This Talk Ain't Cheap, explaining that her slime-obsessed child's illness, which included headaches, sore throat, and general discomfort, refused to abate - until West and her husband curbed their kid's favorite pastime: making slime. Kathleen Quinn, who at one point was making the slime on a daily basis, suffered the injury while staying over at a friend's house, WCVB reported.
Health Experts say Borax can be an irritant to the skin and wasn't designed for science projects like do-it-yourself slime.
"I feel like the worst mother", she said.
According to CBS News, the fifth grader just finished creating the concoction when both of her hands started hurting. Her story has prompted a safety warning to parents. Homemade slime is made by combining water, liquid glue, possibly food coloring, and, of course, Borax.
"We decided to make this recipe because slime is such a huge trend right now, " Buzzfeed senior producer Erin Phraner said on TODAY. "We made it a million times, too, and nothing else happened".